Europe Regional Network Meeting - "GBC Business Models: Current & Future Activities to Grow Revenues"
We look forward to welcoming GBCs and Regional Partners to the city of Dublin for our next Network meeting! There will be three main parts to the meeting:
Part I - 26 April – 13:00 to 18:00 – Steering Committee & Regional Partners Lunch & Strategy Session @ Chartered Accountants House, 47-49 Pearse Street
*** This meeting is for Established GBCs & Regional Partners only***
13:00-14:00 Networking lunch
14:00-14:30 European Management Update and Q&A (James Drinkwater)
14:30-15:00 Global Management Update and Q&A (Terri Wills)
15:00-16:00 Regional Projects Discussion - The Future of ERN Projects and Project Processes
16:00-16:15 Coffee Break
16:15-17:00 Regional Projects Discussion (continued)
17:00-18:00 Discussion on Potential ERN Partnership with a Major Event in 2018 - To Create a Place for GBC Board Members to Network
18:00:18:30 Walk Through Dublin's Historic Centre to ERN Networking Dinner & Drinks
Part II - 26 April – 19:00-22:00 – ERN Networking Dinner & Drinks @ Fade Street Social, 6 Fade St
Part III - 27 April – 08:45-17:00 – GBC Business Models: Current & Future Activities to Grow Revenues @ Google Docks Building, 4 Barrow Street.
The main meeting on 27 April at Google's fantastic European Headquarters (see images below) will focus on how GBCs are strengthening their revenues and moving their markets at the same time. The meeting aims to:
- Profile a range of GBC business/revenue models, and hear from GBCs on what they see as key areas for future financial growth.
- Introduce a range of specific GBC activities and look at how these work from a financial perspective.
- Hear Regional Partner perspectives on what multi-nationals are viewing as key areas of opportunity/growth for GBCs.
- Give attendees an opportunity to participate in a business model planning workshop, looking at one of three activities of common interest across the network: Wellbeing Labs, EPDs and Working With Cities.
8:45 Networking Coffee @ Oceans 11 - Enjoy a panoramic view of Dublin!
9:15 Welcome from WorldGBC, Irish GBC & Google
9:30 GBC Business/Revenue Models and Key Growth Areas
- Thinking More Like Businesses – Bengt Wanggren, CEO, Sweden GBC
- Diversifying Revenue and New Opportunities – Pat Barry, CEO, Irish GBC
- Growing Revenues in Smaller Markets – Snježana Turalija, CEO, Croatia GBC
- Growing Relationships with Foundations – Terri Wills, CEO, WorldGBC
- Panel Q&A and Group Discussion
- Short refreshments break
11:00 Insights into Opportunities
- Wellbeing Labs – Julie Hirigoyen, CEO, UK-GBC
- Inspirational Conferences – Alicja Kuczera, CEO, Polish GBC
- Environmental Product Declarations – Charles Robinson, Sustainability Manager – EMEA, ASSA ABLOY
- Working With Start-Ups – Sami Lankiniemi, Project Manager, GBC Finland
- Panel Q&A and Group Discussion
12:30 Networking Lunch & Google Led Exercise!
14:00 Business Models Workshop (Refreshments break at 15:30)
After lunch GBCs and Partners will join their chosen workshop groups below. Each session will focus on completing the 'Business Model Canvas' exercise (watch this explanatory video), with the goal of GBCs and Partners setting out detail for their area on what central activities are GBCs taking forwards, what is the value proposition and to whom, what resources will be needed for the activities, and important - what revenue streams will support the activity.
- Group A – Setting Up Wellbeing Labs – Hosted by James Drinkwater - The Network has already investigated what Wellbeing Labs could look like from a grant funded perspective, but this session will look at strengthening plans for the Lab model, and looking at what revenue streams could support Labs other than grants.
- Group B – Positioning GBCs on LCA – Hosted by Audrey Nugent - The Network is setting out an implementation strategy for the forthcoming EU Framework for Sustainable Building Assessment, and this session will look at activities that could position GBCs as key implementing organisations for this new LCA-based policy, and what new revenue opportunities the move towards lifecycle presents to GBCs and the ERN.
- Group C – Working With Cities – Hosted by Terri Wills - WorldGBC is scoping a project on cities, with many GBCs around the world increasingly looking to cities as key partners. This session will brainstorm what our value proposition is for cities, what key activities GBCs could undertake in this area, and what revenue streams could support these.
16:00 Plenary Feedback & Discussion
16:30 Conclusions & Upcoming ERN Dates and Activities
The best way to travel from the airport to the city centre is via the aircoach. No need to book, when you come out of arrivals, exit the airport and turn to the left. This is where the air coaches depart from. You can buy a ticket (€7) from the attendees outside and to the left of arrivals. Get off at Trinity College/Grafton St. Alternatively, it is about 20-30 minutes into town from the airport in a taxi (approx. €30). To return to the airport from Google Docks, it takes 12 mins to walk to the aircoach stop at the Clayton Hotel on Cardiff Lane.
For any issues during your trip to Dublin please call:
- Audrey Nugent (WorldGBC) on 00447428067327;
- Alice Ryan (Irish GBC) on 00350857526618;
- James Drinkwater (WorldGBC) on 00447903099088.
Google's Dublin Campus