WorldGBC's CEO to speak at high-profile London sustainability events
Terri Wills, WorldGBC’s CEO, will speak about sustainable construction at two high-profile industry events in London this week. Terri will be speaking at the inaugural Volvo Group Innovation Summit tomorrow (Tuesday 16 May) and at the first Financial Times Future of Construction Summit on Thursday (18th May).
With a focus on 'Smart cities - infrastructure and transport of the future', Volvo Group’s inaugural Innovation Summit will bring together leading authorities from governments, major transport systems, industry bodies and manufacturing to examine the role that innovation in commercial transport and infrastructure will play in the cities of tomorrow.
Moderated by BBC transport correspondent Richard Westcott, Terri will take part in a panel discussion alongside Lars Stenqvist, Chief Technology Officer at Volvo Group, and Shashi Verma, Chief Technology Officer at Transport for London, highlighting the societal benefits of innovations in the construction and transport sectors.
On Thursday, the Financial Times hosts its inaugural Future of Construction Summit. Bringing together developers, planners, architects, engineers and contractors, among other actors pivotal in the global construction supply chain, the summit will explore how a technologically advanced future promises to enhance productivity and boost Return on Investment.
Terri will join the conference as a panellist in a discussion about Sustainable waste management - How is technology helping tackle waste in the construction industry? chaired by Michael Skapinker, Associate Editor of the Financial Times.
Please see below for further details on each session.
Volvo Group Innovation Summit London
Date: Tuesday 16th June 2017, 10:00-12:00
Location: Here East, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London E20 3BS
- Terri Wills, CEO of World Green Building Council
- Lars Stenqvist, Chief Technology Officer at the Volvo Group
- Matthew Hudson, Head of Technology & Data Strategy at Transport for London
- Professor Michael Browne, University of Gothenburg
- James Hookham, Deputy Chief Executive of Freight Transport Association
- Roger Bayliss, Senior Vice President Operational Efficiency at Skanska
To register for Volvo Group Innovation Summit London, click here.
FT Future of Construction Summit: Expert Colloquy - Sustainable waste management - How is technology helping tackle waste in the construction industry?
Date: Thursday 18th May 2017, 12:10-12:40
Location: One Great George Street, Westminster, London SW1P 3AA, United Kingdom
- Terri Wills, CEO, World Green Building Council
- Nitesh Magdani, Group Director of Sustainability, Royal BAM Group
- Ken Webster, Head of Innovation, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Robert Spencer, Director of Sustainability, Environment and Ground Engineering - EMEIA, AECOM
- Diane Crowe, Head of Sustainability, Carillion
- Moderator: Michael Skapinker, Associate Editor, Financial Times
To register for the FT Future of Construction Summit, click here.