On 1 July 2021, the World Green Building Council (WorldGBC) proudly announced the newly elected members and officers of the Board of Directors and Regional Chairs, as well as the new Chair and Vice Chairs of our Corporate Advisory Board. These individuals will guide our strategy and ensure that it successfully delivers on its mission.
Our Board members and Regional Chairs have been nominated by our member Green Building Councils (GBCs) from around the world and they bring with them a wealth of experience, expertise and dedication to catalysing sustainable buildings for everyone, everywhere.
Cristina Gamboa, CEO of World Green Building Council:
“A warm welcome to all of our sustainable building leaders, as they begin a new term on the WorldGBC Board of Directors.
“These Directors and Chairs have earned their place as champions of sustainability in the building and construction industry. Their expertise will continue to transform the built environment and help the world to deliver on the ambitions of the Paris Agreement and UN Global Goals for Sustainable Development. We look forward to working with them and continuing to build on the foundations of our relationship with these high profile leaders and our member Green Building Councils from around the world.”
The following Directors have been appointed to the WorldGBC Board from 2021 for a maximum term of between 2 and 6 years (up to 2027) and join a group of eight current Directors:
New Directors 2021/23
- Habiba Al Marashi, nominated by Emirates Green Building Council
President of Arabia CSR Network, Co-Founder and Chairperson of Emirates Environmental Group (EEG)
- Michael Brooks, nominated by Canada GBC
CEO of REALPAC, former Treasurer of Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC)
- Hastings Chikoko, nominated by Alliance HQE-GBC
Managing Director of Regions & Mayoral Engagement & Regional Director for Africa at C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group
- Rachel Skinner, nominated by Chile Green Building Council
Executive Director, WSP and President of Institution of Civil Engineers UK
- Elizabeth Wangeci Chege, nominated by Kenya Green Building Society
CEO & CO-Founder Web Limited Group, former Chair of the Kenya Green Building Society
Re-elected Directors for 2021/23
- Ilari Aho, nominated by Finland Green Building Council
Vice President of Sustainability & Regulatory Affairs at Uponor Corporation
- Felipe Faria, nominated by Green Building Council Brazil
CEO of GBC Brazil
- Dario Ibargüengoitia, nominated by Sustentabilidad para Mexico AC (Mexico GBC)
Director at Ambiente Regenerativo Integral
Board Officers serving 2021/22
- Chair: Tanya Cox
- Vice Chairs: Elizabeth Wangeci Chege and Jennifer Layke
- Treasurer: Michael Brooks
- Secretary: Ilari Aho
Regional Chair and Vice Chairs
Americas Regional Network (ARN)
- Maria Fernanda Aguirre, Executive Director of Chile GBC, as Regional Chair
- Pamela Castellan, CEO and Executive Director of the Guatemala GBC, as Regional Vice-Chair.
Asia Pacific Network (APN)
- Dr Cary Chan, Executive Director of Hong Kong GBC, for Regional Chair
- M Anand, Principal Counsellor India GBC, as Vice Chair.
Middle East and North Africa Network (MENA)
- Raji Hattar, Chief Sustainability Officer at Aramex and Chairman of Jordan GBC as Regional Chair
- Ali al Jassim, CEO of Etihad Energy Services and Chairman of Emirates GBC as Vice Chair.
Europe Regional Network (ERN)
- Alicja Kuczera, CEO Polish Green Building Council, as Regional Chair
- Marco Caffi, COO of GBC Italia, as Regional Vice Chair
Africa Regional Network (AfRN)
- Elizabeth Wangeci Chege, CEO & CO-Founder Web Limited Group, former Kenya Green Building Society Chair as Regional Chair
- Lisa Reynolds, CEO of GBC South Africa as Regional Vice Chair
Corporate Advisory Board (CAB)
- Chair: Ibrahim Al-Zu’bi, Chief Sustainability Officer at Majid Al Futtaim
- Vice Chair: Esther An, Chief Sustainability Officer at CDL
- Vice Chair: Emmanuel Normant, Vice President of Sustainable Development at Saint-Gobain.
Read the full WorldGBC’s Board of Directors biographies and find out more about our Corporate Advisory Board.
If you have any questions about the election process, please contact us at email@example.com.