The World Green Building Council is delighted to announce the jury for the 2018 Asia Pacific Leadership in Green Building Awards.
The biennial Awards, first held in 2014, showcase and celebrate the achievements of businesses and innovators leading on sustainability in buildings across the Asia Pacific region.
More than half of the world’s population – over 4 billion people – live in Asia Pacific, and with high levels of development and increasing urbanisation, it is a hugely important region for green building.
Presented by WorldGBC and its Asia Pacific Regional Network of Green Building Councils, this biennial programme will recognise five winners across three award categories:
- The Business Leadership in Sustainability Award rewards companies that push boundaries, integrate sustainability into their business models and make an outstanding contribution to a sustainable built environment.
- The Leadership in Sustainable Design and Performance Award is presented to pioneering green building projects that set new benchmarks for sustainability. There are three sub-category winners for residential, commercial and institutional buildings.
- The Women in Green Building Leadership Award is a new award presented to an inspiring female leader in our movement. In a traditionally male-dominated industry, we want to recognise the pivotal role that women play in nurturing and activating their communities, and delivering change.
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and Pacific (UNESCAP), Curt Garrigan, Chief, Sustainable Urban Development Section, Environment and Development Division
- International Finance Corporation, World Bank, Autif Sayyed, Green Building Specialist, Green Building Programme
- ARCAsia, Ar Jahangir Khan, President
- Global Buildings Performance Network, Peter Graham, Executive Director
- National University of Singapore, Prof Lam Khee Poh, Provost’s Chair Professor (NUS), Professor (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Hong Kong University, Prof Christopher John Webster, Professor, Chair of Urban Planning & Development Economics, Dean (Faculty of Architecture)
- C40 Cities, Milag San Jose- Ballesteros, Regional Director for Southeast Asia and Oceania
- International Energy Agency, Brian Dean, Energy Efficiency
- World Business Council for Sustainable Development, Luca de Giovanetti, Science-based Targets
How to apply
Please contact your local GBC if you are interested in applying for any one of these three award categories:
- Business Leadership in Sustainability Award
- Leadership in Sustainable Design and Performance Award
- Women in Green Building Leadership Award
Please note – nominations are only accepted from organisations which are members of Green Building Councils in the Asia Pacific Regional Network.
Nominations for the 2018 Awards close on 1 June, with finalists announced in July ahead of the main awards ceremony in Singapore on 6 September.
If you are interested in supporting us as Award Sponsors, contact Joelle Chen at email@example.com.