The Asia Pacific Leadership in Green Building Awards are now open – and a prestigious jury representing the sector has been announced.
Since 2014, the World Green Building Council (WorldGBC) Asia Pacific Leadership in Green Building Awards has showcased sustainable built environment leadership. The winners are determined by an independent jury committee, which is composed of prominent international experts in the fields of green buildings, architecture, engineering design, energy, economics and sustainability. WorldGBC is honoured to have another prestigious line up of judges for 2022.
Led by the WorldGBC Asia Pacific Network (APN) and the 15 Green Building Councils (GBCs) across the region, the awards contain three categories:
- Business Leadership in Sustainability Award: Recognises companies which embed climate action into their corporate DNA and create a positive impact towards their community, society as a whole and our planet.
- Leadership in Sustainable Design and Performance Award: Presented to pioneering green building projects that are dedicated to advancing design leadership in climate action and climate justice, as well setting new benchmarks for the whole life carbon vision and human factors.
- Women in Green Building Leadership Award: Celebrating the female trailblazers who are making extraordinary contributions to sustainable development, fuelling ambitious young women and catalysing change.
To reflect the rapid advancement of sustainable building in the region, the awards will focus on WorldGBC’s flagship Beyond the Business Case report and highlight solutions to address the three impact areas of the built environment: Climate Action, Health & Wellbeing and Resource & Circularity.
- City Developments Limited, Esther An, Chief Sustainability Officer
- Architectus, Patrick Clifford, Director Principal
- WRI Ross Centre for Sustainable Cities, Michael Doust, Director, Urban Efficiency & Climate
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia Pacific,Curt Garrigan, Chief, Sustainable Development and Urban Section
- Integral Group, Kevin Hydes, Chair and Founder
- Bloomberg Green at Bloomberg Media, Lauren Kiel, General Manager
- AGC Asia Pacific Pte Ltd., Lim Yew Meng, Executive Director
- Asia- Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Secretariat, Lindsey MacKinnon, Director (Program)
- International Energy Agency, Brian Motherway, Head of Energy Efficiency
- Chinese University of Hong Kong, Edward Ng Yan-yung, Professor of Architecture
- C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group, Milag San Jose-Ballesteros, Regional Director for East, Southeast Asia & Oceania
- Singapore University of technology, Tai Lee Siang, Head of Pillar, Architecture and Design Sustainable Design
- The Ho Chi Minh City Green Architecture Club, Tran Khanh Trung, Chairman
- World Business Council for Sustainable Development Asia Pacific, Constant Van-Aerschot, Director.
You can view a detailed summary of each category in the 2022 Nominations Brochure. You can also view the 2020 Award winners and find out more on the APN webpage.
Award nominations are open until 15 July 2022.
Finalists will be announced in October 2022, with the winners being recognised at an awards ceremony during the APN Festival in November 2022.
Nominations are only accepted through Green Building Councils in the Asia Pacific Regional Network. Contact your Green Building Council if you are interested in submitting a nomination.