The World Green Building Council has today announced that five new global green building leaders will join its Board of Directors, with two existing members appointed as Chair and Vice-Chair.
Tai Lee Siang of Singapore Green Building Council (and formerly Vice Chair) has been appointed as Chair of the Board, while Cristina Gamboa of Colombia Green Building Council (and previously Treasurer) has been appointed as Vice-Chair.
They are joined by fellow new Board of Directors:
– Peter Templeton, Senior Vice President of Global Market Development at USGBC
– Sunderesan Raghupathy, Executive Director of Indian GBC
– Tanya Cox, Chair of GBC Australia
– Christine Lemaitre, CEO of DGNB (German Sustainable Building Council)
– Bruno Sauer, CEO of GBC Espana
Terri Wills, CEO of WorldGBC, said:
“Our new Directors are true champions of sustainability, and have worked tirelessly to transform the industry and position green building as a one of the most effective solutions to climate change.
“Their commitment, expertise and strong leadership have earned them their places on our Board of Directors, and I look forward to working with them as we to seek to create a world in which greener buildings lead to a better quality of life for everyone, everywhere.”
Lisa Bate was also appointed the new Treasurer of WorldGBC.
The new Directors will join the existing Board members:
– Bruce Kerswill, GBCSA
– Mohammad Asfour, Jordan GBC
– Saeed Al Abbar, Emirates GBC
– John Alker, UK-GBC
– Lisa Bate, Canada GBC (Treasurer)
– Sebastian Danino Beck, Peru GBC
– Rudolf Pienaar, GBCSA
– Bengt Wånggren, Sweden GBC