World Green Building Week (WGBW), the annual campaign that empowers the green building community to deliver green buildings for everyone, everywhere, is fast approaching (23 to 29 September 2019)!
Today, WorldGBC is delighted to launch the resources under this year’s theme #BuildingLife which focuses on reducing carbon emissions from all stages of a building’s lifecycle. The resources will help Green Building Councils, their members, and Partners prepare for the week.
This World Green Building Week, we’re #BuildingLife and exploring how we can create a green, healthy and climate resilient built environment for all. The goal of the Building Life campaign is to highlight the need for the sustainable production, design, build, use, deconstruction and reuse of buildings and their materials.
Through the campaign, we’re asking everyone, everywhere to make a #BuildingLife pledge and tell us what action they’ll take – either individually or collectively as a business or organisation – to reduce emissions from building and construction and build a better future.
Resources launched today include:
- How-to-get-involved guide – Find out the many ways you can participate in the week
- Social media posts – Join the conversation on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram using #BuildingLife and #WGBW2019
- Posters – Print and share the posters in your building
- Website banner – Use the banner on your own website
- WGBW2019 logo – Use the logo on your own marketing materials
- Email signature – Spread the word about WGBW2019 on email
- PowerPoint template – Host a presentation at an event
- Photography templates – Create your own photo visuals
- My #BuildingLife Pledge poster – Tell us what action you’re taking individually or as an organisation to build a better future
- Brand guidelines – Guidance on how to use the materials
- Animations – Share the animations on social media or at your event
The social media posts and posters are currently available in both English and Spanish. For non-English speaking GBCs who wish to add local messages, you can access the editable artwork files on the campaign resources page.
Stay tuned for more materials to be released over the next few months!
In the run-up to the week:
- Download and use the resources from the website
- Add your WGBW actions to our Global Activity Map (going live in July)
- Join our webinars:
Find out all the ways you can learn, share and lead on our website, or by contacting Georgina Eldridge, marketing & communications manager at email@example.com