The Advancing Net Zero (ANZ) Status Report 2019 highlights leadership action helping to shift the market towards net zero carbon operational emissions in buildings.
It marks two years since From Thousands to Billions was released in May 2017, a call to action report on coordinated action from businesses, governments and NGOs towards achieving 100% net zero carbon buildings by 2050, andshowcases the market leadership in putting this into practice.
The report features action from across WorldGBC’s network of Green Building Councils (GBCs), including the 24 GBCs participating in the global Advancing Net Zero project, as well as signatories to the Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment (the Commitment) and some of our key partners. In addition to releasing the report, WorldGBC announced reaching over 50 signatories to the Commitment. You can find the full list of current signatories here, and details of the latest signatories in this press release.
- The World Green Building Council’s Advancing Net Zero project aims to accelerate uptake of net zero carbon buildings to 100% by 2050
- The Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment was launched in September 2018 to inspire and promote climate leadership action from business, governments and NGOs globally
- The project and Commitment are based on the ANZ project framework, demonstrated in a WorldGBC infographic contained in the report
- The Commitment currently has 51 signatories: 22 businesses and organisations, 23 cities, and 6 states and regions
- The report highlights key action from signatories already converting their commitments into action
- Green Building Councils across the network are developing market mechanisms such as certification schemes, training and education programmes, and engagement tools with corporate members and governments, to help support industry towards net zero carbon buildings, and significant emissions reductions from the sector
Advancing Net Zero project sponsors 2016-2019