Today, the World Green Building Council announced the finalists for its 2022 Asia Pacific Leadership in Green Building Awards. Presented by WorldGBC and its Asia Pacific Regional Network of Green Building Councils in 15 countries, this biennial programme celebrates iconic green buildings, up-and-coming innovators and inspiring companies driving change and creating a better future throughout the region.
The Awards will recognise winners across the following categories:
Award 1: Leadership in Sustainable Design & Performance
- Hong Kong – InnoCell, by Leigh & Orange Limited
- Singapore – South Beach Residences, by South Beach Consortium
- China – The Hengtong Yunhe Lanwan, by Yangzhou Jiangxin Real Estate
- Philippine – LIMA Estate, by LIMA Land
- Singapore – Schneider Electric East Asia & Japan Headquarters, by Schneider Electric
- Malaysia – The Menara IQ, by HSBC
- China – DaTong Energy Resources Exhibition Bldg, by Beijing New City Green Resources Technology Employment
- Singapore – National University of Singapore School of Design And Environment 4 (NUS SDE4), By National University of Singapore
- Australia – University of Newcastle Q Building, by University of Newcastle
Award 2: Business Leadership in Sustainability
Title Sponsor: AGC Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
- Australia – BlueScope Steel
- Hong Kong – Henderson Land Development Co. Ltd.
- Singapore – CapitaLand Group
Award 3: Women in Green Building Leadership
- India – Anshul P Gujarathi, Founder, Director, Eco Solutions
- Singapore – Irene Yong, Director (Building Services), BECA
- Vietnam – Luu Thi Thanh Mau, General Director of Phuc Khang Corporation, Vice President of Vietnam Young Entrepreneurs Association – VYEA, Vice President of Ho Chi Minh City Real Estate Association – HOREA.
With C40 Cities, UNESCAP, and International Energy Agency among the jury, the winners will be announced during an awards ceremony at Bali, Indonesia on Wednesday 23 November 2022.
Join the finalists in our webinar series to hear about their work:
APN Awards – Showcase (Business Leadership) – 2 Nov 10:30am GMT+8. Registration link.
APN Awards – Showcase (Women Leadership) – 3 Nov 10:30am GMT+8. Registration Link.
APN Awards – Showcase (Commercial Building) – 4 Nov 10:30am GMT+8. Registration Link.
APN Awards – Showcase (Residential Building) – 9 Nov 10:30am GMT+8. Registration Link.
APN Awards – Showcase (Institutional Building) – 10 Nov 10:30am GMT+8. Registration Link.
Cristina Gamboa, CEO, World Green Building Council
“The Asia Pacific region has the unparalleled opportunity to share with the world its journey in securing low carbon and sustainable built environments. We look forward to receiving high quality nominations from industry leaders and groundbreaking infrastructure projects that demonstrate the viability of these much-needed solutions for both people and planet, whilst inspiring all of us to deliver them at scale.”
Cary Chan, Executive Director of Hong Kong Green Building Council, Chair of Asia Pacific Regional Network
“The Asia Pacific region has the highest number of megacities globally. Our leaders in the region can showcase to the world how they can make an impact in creating sustainable high performance cities.”
Anand Muthukrishnan, Principal Counsellor, India Green Building Council Vice Chair of Asia Pacific Regional Network
“The 21st century belongs to the Asia-Pacific. New Global Leaders are emerging from this region in every sector. The APN Award is a wonderful platform to recognise the contribution of such stakeholders whose actions and accomplishments have set new benchmarks.
The pandemic has changed our perspectives towards Nature and Climate Change. In this scenario, we envisage the participation of Business Leaders, Projects and Women who give us more hope and continue to inspire millions to join the movement towards a sustainable built environment which is healthy, resource-efficient and resilient.”
For more information, contact Joy Gai, Regional Head of WorldGBC’s Asia Pacific Network at email@example.com.