The World Green Building Council is delighted to announce the jury for the 2020 Asia Pacific Leadership in Green Building Awards.
The biennial Awards, first held in 2014, showcase and celebrate the achievements of businesses and innovators leading on sustainability in buildings across the Asia Pacific region.
Presented by World Green Building Council and its Asia Pacific Regional Network of Green Building Councils, this biennial programme will recognise five winners across three award categories:
- The Business Leadership in Sustainability Award rewards companies that push boundaries, integrate sustainability into their business models and make an outstanding contribution to a sustainable built environment.
- The Leadership in Sustainable Design and Performance Award is presented to pioneering green building projects that set new benchmarks for sustainability. There are three sub-category winners for residential, commercial and institutional buildings, as well as two honourable mentions for achievements in Net Zero carbon in operations and Health and Wellbeing.
- The Women in Green Building Leadership Award is presented to an inspiring female leader in our movement. In a traditionally male-dominated industry, we want to recognise the pivotal role that women play in nurturing and activating their communities, and delivering change.
The 2020 Jury
The awards winners are determined by an independent jury committee composed of prominent international experts in the fields of green buildings, architecture, engineering design, energy, economics and sustainability. World Green Building Council is honoured to have another high caliber jury from across the world for the 2020 Asia Pacific Leadership Awards.
- Curt Garrigan, Chief, Sustainable Development and Urban Section, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and Pacific (UNESCAP)
- Jennifer Gerholdt, Director, Corporate Engagement, We Mean Business Coalition
- Peter Graham, Executive Director, Global Buildings Performance Network
- Jahangir Khan, Immediate Past President, ARCAsia
- Jennifer Layke, Global Director, Energy, World Resources Institute
- Bernard Li, Program Director, Policy Partnership on Women and the Economy, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Secretariat
- Naoko Nemoto, Financial Economist / Professor, Asian Development Bank Institute/ Waseda Business School
- Milag San Jose- Ballesteros, Regional Director for East, Southeast Asia and Oceania, C40 Cities
- Autif Sayyed, Green Building Specialist, IFC Climate Business Department
- International Finance Corporation (IFC) – World Bank Group
- Christopher John Webster, Professor, Chair of Urban Planning & Development Economics, Dean (Faculty of Architecture), Hong Kong University
For questions regarding the awards, please contact:
Nellie Cheng at firstname.lastname@example.org